Monday, February 23, 2009

Fitness is Good!!!


Good Evening!!! Hope you lot have had a blessed day! I know I have!!

Just a few hours ago, I had my rugby practice, and on Mondays, they're fitness training!!! AB was there to see me dying, so now she's got a preview of what I'll be like when I'm about to die of exhaustion!

But, the truth is, I love fitness training, they hurt, painful, annoying, and many other demeaning words can be said of it. HOWEVER, I always feel really good after these fitness sessions, and plus, if you're unfit, you won't be able to enjoy sports as much! I would know, because I think I'm unfit, and I would like to get back to a really good fitness level, I would like to represent Indonesia at Rugby for years to come, and the competition for a spot in the squad is getting tougher every year! It's great to see that, how Indonesian Rugby has grown the past few years, get more information about us on www.indonesianrugby.com

I'm fitness training for the upcoming Asian 5 Nations Tournament between Indonesia, Phillipines, Guam and Iran in Manila in July, I'm really looking forward to it, this is a higher division tournament than the one we've always been playing at. It's also going to be my second trip to Manila! I'm excited, I really am, I guess you can tell by now...

There is something that I always do before a big game, I pray on the way to the game, and on the pitch just before the whistle blows, and also, I write "Phil 4:13" on either my jersey, or on my arm, just to remind myself, Phillipians 4:13 says : "I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength." I think that athletes, or anyone for that matter, should realise that their strength, and their achievements are nothing other than God's blessing! One can wish to do whatever they want to, but without the approval of God, that will never happen.

Hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I enjoy writing all my posts.

Good Night, and God Bless You all

DP

No comments:

Post a Comment