Monday, February 23, 2009

Fascinating 23rd



Good morning folks, today is the 23rd of February, 2009. Sure, it's just another day to most of us, but to AB and I, it's not that simple. Today is our best friend's birthday!

But, other than just wishing her a happy birthday today, today is also the day marking 14 months of AB and I being together. It's quite unnerving to know that the number 23 in our life has been one filled with happiness. The number 23 has been associated by many deaths, from the 9-11 incident which has 9+11+2+0+0+1=23 to Kurt Kobain's death in 1994 - 1+9+9+4=23 and even to the assasination account of Julius Cesar who was said to have been stabbed 23 times.

In our life however, the number 23 is associated to the following: 23rd November is my birthday; 23rd January is AB's birthday; 23rd December is our anniversary; 23 is the number when you add up my car's plate number; 23 is the number when you add up my phone number; 2 of our best friends were born on a 23rd, one in February and one in August. It all sounds freaky isn't it? I just hope that I don't have 23 babies!!!

But, the number 23 in the bible is what really fascinates us! The most famous and most quoted bible extract is perhaps the Psalm 23,
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters..."

Psalm is also the 23rd book of the bible. The 23rd verse of the first chapter in Genesis deals with the creation of life, where as the 23rd chapter in Genesis deals with death. But one Bible verse with the number 23 that really caught my attention is in Numbers 32:23 "But if you fail to do this, you will be sinning against the LORD; and you may be sure that your sin will find you out."

That bible verse is a clarification of what Numbers 32 meant to say; that promises are important to God, and that your sins cannot be hidden, that it will come back to get you. So be careful you say I promise, because promises that doesn't seem important to us, is actually of a high significant to God!

That is all for this morning post, now I have time to go get breakfast! :)

Love and God Bless

DP

No comments:

Post a Comment